Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June 2020


Hello, my friends,


Wow, June just flew back so fast!  I want to start off by telling you a testimony from Camilo (pastor).  This is a part of what he wrote in a message to the church. 

Yesterday I talked to one of the nurses who took care of Théo, when he was admitted to Tropical Hospital. She told of the amazement that the doctor had to realize that the high rates of leukocytes in Théo's blood suddenly, overnight, decreased and returned to normal. When she found this, the doctor said, " But how did that happen? How it went down so quickly?" and was perplexed. But we know how this happened: The Lord is good, hears the cry of his people, and works miracles.

For all of you that prayed for Camilo and his family, thank you!  God indeed is good, and he hears and works miracles!

The virus as of yesterday's report is slowing down.  We have had over 3130 confirmed cases with 124 deaths.  We are being diligent to be smart when we must venture out.  We are praying not only for our community and for Brazil but also for the US.  I hate to hear the increase in cases!  We are still in a holding pattern about when we might be coming to the US.  The borders remain closed but will be under review mid-July.

Nayara and I continue to be busy with online instruction and encouragement.  I am so excited about the increase in students for Paty and Nayara through Ame Idiomas.  So for right now, I am working with the Project students and they are doing the Ame students.  I think Nayara has 15 students and Paty has 4.  There are several who are looking to possibly start soon.  God is blessing.

Speaking of blessing – yesterday we were told of an interpreting job opening possibly here in Manacapuru when North Americans come to town.  Guess what!  We have two students (sisters) who are seriously considering applying for the job!  Isn’t that awesome!  Our students will now enjoy some of the fruits of their hard work!  We are thrilled for them.  It will be interesting to see what happens!

This month, the focus has been on God’s Mercy.  Two thoughts on the subject that I wanted to share.  One night, I was having a little trouble falling and staying asleep, so I was praying, thinking, and listening about God’s Mercy.  This sentence popped into my heart.  “Mercy happens when the person who has the power and the right to bring judgment doesn’t bring punishment but instead extends compassion.”  That message has stayed with me through this month. I was challenged with reflecting on my heart, my attitude, and actions….do I extend compassion?  I am so grateful that God extends mercy and compassion!

(NIV)Titus 3:5   he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
(The Passion Translation)Titus 3:5   he came to save us.  Not because of any virtuous deed that we have done but only because of his extravagant mercy.

As we all navigate during these crazy days, may we operate with mercy and compassion, not because anyone ‘deserves’ it but because it is the nature of the God we serve.  Tomorrow, July begins, my study shifts from God’s Mercy to the fact that He is Mighty!  This will be good for me.  We serve a mighty God, and nothing is too hard for Him. 

Thank you for your faithful love, support, and prayers.  We know that God has us in His Hands.  Please know that we are praying for you too!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment