Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Perspectives Class Stillwater

During the 2015 Spring semester, I have the privilege of helping with the Perspectives Class.  Ron Duggins is the Coordinator for the Stillwater class and a group of us are joining in to serve the students of the class.  My job is the class facilitator, that means I help things to run on time.

I had the opportunity to take the Perspectives Class several  years ago and I loved it.  It was challenging, encouraging and the Lord used it greatly in my life.  If you have time check it out at perspectives.org.

The first class helped to lay the ground work for the semester.  I shared with the class some of the intro material which included the following:

So what IS Perspectives on the World Christian Movement?
  • PERSPECTIVES
    • to find a God-centered, nations-focused perspective on the Bible, history, church and life
    • it is here to radically re-arrange your worldview!  So that you may become 'ruined for the ordinary'!
  • WORLD CHRISTIAN
    • This class is NOT a missions course for some, but rather a discipleship course for everyone
    • This class is NOT about moving to a country far away, but rather it is about moving closer to God and His heart for the nations
    • This class is NOT here to make you a missionary, but rather it is here to help you find your role in God's great plan
  • MOVEMENT
    • You are not taking a course, you are joining a movement
I am ready for God to continue to do a great work in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment