Wednesday, April 20, 2016

God is moving!

This last week was once again a wonderful week.  The weekend was packed full with teaching at the Bible School for 5 sessions (6 hrs) as well as services on Sunday.  I am loving getting to know these precious people and seeing their hearts for the Lord.


In the Bible School, we finished up the section dealing with Holy Spirit with a final session teaching and then we had an exam.  It was decided that we would do the exam in groups - this was a good experience and everyone seemed to enjoy the process.  It was great to see the students sharing with each other and doing well on the exam.  We started the section on prayer with a teaching on one of my favorites, Jehoshaphat in 2 Chronicles 20.  We especially looked at it as it relates to how he responded to the challenges he faced.  Then during the second session on prayer we talked about the prayer of agreement.  The students were wonderfully receptive.  During the final session of the day, I felt like the Lord spoke in my heart that it was not enough to just talk about prayer but we needed to pray.  So we took the final hour and did just that.....we prayed....and those who had a need, turned to their neighbor and prayed in agreement for that need.  It was a good time and His Presence was strong in our class!


I can speak for myself that these teachings on Holy Spirit and prayer has been good for me! The Word of God has a lot to say, we just need to make time to read and study it!




On Sunday we continued our study in Joshua.  I was so blessed by hearing testimonies of how God has moved in our midst with healing, deliverance and giving wisdom to individuals.  It was wonderful.  After the message in the Word, we had some tender ministry time.  I cannot really share specifics but let me just say that Holy Spirit was moving in a powerful way.  I am so grateful and humbled!


This week has started off very well.  My focus is on Bible School and preaching on Sunday.  I have one additional teaching time but that is not until May 3.  This has been good for me to slow down a little and rest my voice.  I have also been enjoying the time on Skype with my friend Nayara in Brazil.  She is doing so well and is working so hard with learning English.  She is also helping me with my Portuguese and of course I am here with Jon which is great!  This week I have a couple of special outings that I will tell you about next week!

Pastor Kjeld and Kirsten
Let me let you know a little more about Pastor Kjeld and his wife Kirsten.  They have been in ministry for more than 30 years.  They have served as Pastors as well as evangelist and teachers throughout Denmark.  Their passion is to see an outpouring of God in Denmark.  They both are strong believers in the Word of God and share it boldly.  I have been touched by their tender and teachable hearts.  Their lives shine with the love of Jesus.  I am blessed to be here and am honored by their trust.
Michael


I also want you to meet the translators who have helped me for many hours!  Michael, Jonábia's husband as not only helped me during the Bible School translating but he has also helped translate portions for the students handouts.  Joan and Lisbeth have been awesome by my side translating in services, small groups and in Bible School.  I so appreciate their willingness to share their gift of language to make it possible for me to be there.  They are awesome!
Joan and Lisbeth


Thank you for your prayers, I can feel them.  God has been so faithful in everything!  I am in awe of His working!  May God pour out His blessings on your faithfulness in prayer and financial support. Please know that God is moving and lives are being changed - including mine!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment