Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Second week was tremendous!



The second week here was great.  I got to teach in the Bible School for the full day - which is 5 sessions and when you add in the breaks it is from 10am-4pm.  The students are fantastic and so teachable.  We continued our teaching on Holy Spirit.  I have one more session plus a test for this coming Saturday then we are on to Prayer.  This study has been so good for me.  Pastor Kjeld is always encouraging with his words.  I didn't get any new pictures from Saturday, sorry about that!


Last Sunday was a full day to say the least.  I once again had the opportunity to preach for Pastor Kjeld and the Presence of the Lord was so strong.  We are going through the life of Joshua and and crossing over the Jordan.  It was a tremendous time of worship as well as in the Word.  The church was so receptive and we ministered in prayer for over an hour after the preaching was over!  God moved in a powerful way.  I love Pastor Kjeld's heart, he wanted to receive prayer too!

That same afternoon, I had an opportunity to go and share at a home gathering.  It was a wonderful time together with these believers.  The pastor spoke fluent English and translated for me. We talked about one of my favorite passages, Phil 3:10 out of the Amp Bible!  We shared together for about 2 hours.  Needless to say, by Sunday night my voice and body were tired but it was a good tired!



Last night, Tuesday, I had the chance to travel with my translator friends to a town called Brande which is about 2.5 hours south of where we located.  It was nice to get out on the highway and see a little of the countryside.  It actually does not look that different from Oklahoma.  It was a pleasant drive.  I shared the scripture Ps 119:68,  "God is good and what He does is good"!  Once again, God's Presence was strong and ministered to all of us!  I am so humbled by all these opportunities and I am so grateful! We had a wonderful time together.  One of the Bible School students translated for me and did a great job. I also loved spending some precious moments with 2 young ladies who reminded me of my Youth Pastor days.

Nayara
I have enjoyed meeting with my Brazilian friend Nayara on Skype as I am helping her learn English.  It has been a great experience and lots of fun.  She is helping me in learning how the best way to teach someone English. We also make time for my Portuguese lessons too.  She loves the Lord and desires to serve Him wherever He leads.

Sabrina and Pri
When I get home, we will be able to adjust the schedule and include Pri and Sabrina in on the fun of learning English.  Pri and Sabrina are wonderful girls and I do miss them all!  All three of these young ladies faithfully serve the Lord in their home churches and travel home every weekend to serve. They are working hard to complete their studies and graduate this year.  Their dedicated lives are a living testimony of the love of Jesus!  When I was there with them, we had a good time together in BH.  We have had quite the challenge to get all of our schedules together with this time difference between Brazil and Denmark.
 
Michael & Jon
Nathalie & Joshua
I would like you to meet my friends who I am staying with for 6 weeks (now that is friendship). Jonábia and Michael Pedersen have been married for almost 4 years.  She is from Brazil and he is from Denmark.  God brought them together in an incredible way (that is a story for another time). Michael's father is Pastor Kjeld.  They are very active in the Bible School and Church.They have tender hearts for the Lord. They have two children, Joshua who is 2.5 and Nathalie who will turn 1 in May.  They have been wonderful.  I have quickly found out that Michael is quite the cook - so much for losing weight!  I first came to know Jon when I traveled to Brazil in 2010 to the NE part of the country.  She served as my translator.  I have also had the opportunity to assist with her Conversation English Class via Skype when she was teaching English in Brazil.  It was a blessing and I love being able to spend time with her during these weeks.  Tomorrow night, Michael's mom is coming over to help watch the children so that Jon and Michael can have a date night!  It will be fun with the kids....and Michael's mom and I will be able to be together and communicate through Google Translate! lol  She is a precious woman of God and I look forward to spending some time with her.
Michael & Jon's home in the country

Thank you for all your love an support in these days.  The days have been full and crazy at times.  But I have loved every minute.  God is doing a good work in me and through me.  I know I said this before but I am very grateful!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment