Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Great opportunities and adventures!

Time is flying by ...............

On Thursday of last week, Lisbeth (one of the translators) took me out horse back riding.  Yes, you read that correctly.  It has been over 40 years since I have been on a horse.  It was a great 1.5 hr with her in the countryside and forest of northern Denmark.  The horse was gentle - praise God.  We did go fast a couple of times and I held on for dear life.  It was a precious time shared with Lisbeth and her husband.  I paid the price for my fun with some pretty significant soreness on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  It made for good sermon/teaching lessons.  We all had a good laugh.



On Friday, the whole family, Pr Kjeld, Kirsten, Jacob + family, and Michael + family and I went to the northern most point of Denmark to a town called Grenen just past Skagen.  There in Grenen, you will see a place where the two seas meet, Skagerrak and Kattegat. We also went to a place where a church built in the 1300's that eventually got buried with sand.  It was a day of fun with the family and the weather was great with sunshine.  You don't take the sunshine for granted here.  Many days it rains and we even had a brief time of snow....and yes the wind is cold here!




The Bible School continues to go well as we study about prayer and as we spend time in His Presence.  We have been talking about the different types of prayer as well as a vision that a good friend, Jennifer, shared with me several years ago about the Harness of the Lord.  It was a wonderful time of sharing in the Word and praying together.  The students continue to be so open and teachable, it is such a blessing to be here with them.


The service on Sunday was great!  We had a worship leader, Pia, who did a wonderful job with her voice and guitar.  I loved hearing them worship the Lord in Danish.  The series in Joshua continues to be a blessing.  The Lord was there in a powerful way.  Jon ministered to the congregation in prayer for about an hour after the message.  It was awesome!

Last night, Jon and Michael hosted a small group here at the house.  Michael taught for the first time
in English and he did a great job.  It was great to participate with the group.  It was a good teaching and fellowship.  I so appreciated Michael being sensitive to me as well as step out in a new level of growth with his English.

As I look ahead for the last couple of weeks here in Denmark, I am excited to see what the Lord has in store.  I will be finishing up the teaching at the Bible School this Saturday on prayer and with the Joshua series on Sunday. Then next week, May 3rd,  I will be speaking at a Women's meeting at the church.  God has blessed me tremendously during this time.  God is good...all the time.

Thank you for praying and please continue.  I will write again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment