Friday, March 4, 2016

First week very productive

The first week of my time in Belo Horizonte is almost finished.  Today I observe only two classes. This week has been great!  The time observing the teachers as well as the students has been very informative.  It has been a good time for me to learn about the culture here in regards to teaching style, student interactions with both peers and the teachers.  The administrator has been wonderful, initiating the time to meet with me to make sure everything is going well and that my expectations are being met.  She has given me some material to read this weekend (homework!).

Sabrina, me, Nayara, Priscila
Last night, the 3rd roommate here at the apartment arrived back to BH.  She has had some personal affairs with her family that needed her attention.  Last night, we had a time of singing, praying and a message from the Word with a woman who is a pastor's wife and a dear friend of the girls.  Plus this was the first time I could get a photo of all three.  Some of you may have already seen these pictures of Face Book since one of the girls posted them last night, or should I say early this morning!  We began around 10:30 pm and I went to bed at 1:45 am.  I must admit I missed a lot of what was being said but I heard the heart behind the message loud and clear. It was obvious the special relationship these girls had with this pastor's wife. We laughed until we
Sabrina, Priscila, Elissandra, Nayara
We laughed until we couldn't breathe.  Sabrina can tell a story like no other!  These ladies are a tremendous blessing!!

Besides the classes today, I have a treat of seeing both Ludmilla and Dayse today.  I will try to get a picture of Dayse for the next update.  Both of these ladies have had a great personal impact as well as a blessing to the work of the ministry with ARS.  Love them both.

I need to get going...until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment