Monday, March 21, 2016

Third week came and went and I'm still here :-)

Last week was so full of let me try to get you caught up.

Nayara leading worship
The time in Joao Malavade was wonderful.  This city is Nayara's (one of my roommates) home town and it is where she ministers to youth every week.  She is a student at the Baptist College and she is a RN.  When we arrived on Saturday, she had a discipleship group with young ladies, then a rehearsal with a music team, then we were to have pizza with a core group of leaders.  Well, the youth gave her a surprise birthday party and it was a blessing to see them love and appreciate her.  On Sunday, I
shared in the service about ARS and our projects in the Amazon.  It was a great time.  We ate lunch with the Pastor's family then back to Belo.  On our way home, Nayara took me to where Pr Jose and Leoni are staying (a long way from my apartment).  I so appreciate her taking me there to hug their necks and to talk about ARS details.

During my time in Joao Malavade, I began to get a sore throat and headache and really thought nothing of it.  Well as the week afterwards progressed, I found out that it was something.  I had dengue.  I am so glad that Nayara was there and she made calls and off we went on Thursday to see a doctor who is the head doctor at a clinic.  God truly has had me covered in so many ways.  This doctor is not only a good physician, but she is also a precious believer in Jesus and believes in prayer! She was quick to monitor me and make some adjustments with my meds. (Dengue and blood thinner is not a good combination I found out).  She has been monitoring me daily.  On Friday, the headache went into hyper drive and she admitted me for IV fluids.  I stayed only overnight but it helped a lot. Once again, fortunately Nayara stayed with me the whole time, God bless her.  I was a little uneasy being in a different country in the hospital, but God's peace was there.  As of this moment, my numbers have turned around and I am on the mend and the dengue is dead.  I have one more visit and blood work tomorrow with the doctor and hopefully we will have all green lights to go home and get ready for Denmark.

I am using the time this week to rest - it did wipe me out along with getting ready with my teaching and sermons for Denmark. The additional time with my friend Dayse as well as the girls in the apartment has been precious to me.  We have had so much fun teaching each other Portuguese and English.  They are super and yes, I will cry when I have to leave.  We will be doing some English over skype but it won't be the same.  They have been gifts from God to me and I so appreciate all they have done to make this trip awesome.

Marcia

Jerusa



I am going to be ending my observation of English classes this week with several classes.  I will also be having some time with the administrator.  I have posted here just a few of the wonderful teachers at EBI who pour themselves into their students every day.  Their enthusiasm and commitment to teaching English has been a joy for me to experience.  I know that if in the future I would have any questions, I could call them and they would help in anyway possible.
Cecilia
Henrique
















My flight home is scheduled for Friday, arriving home on Saturday.  If time allows I will post again any final thoughts about this trip.  This I will say over and over, thank you for your prayers and support.  I have felt your love and partnership.

I know that God ordered this time in Brazil and I am excited to see the next steps.

I want to close with some pictures of the Mission House in Manacapuru.  The work is progressing and we are excited.  I love this church and their heart for their community.  God is at work in the Amazon and in Manacapuru specifically.


No comments:

Post a Comment