Friday, March 11, 2016

Second Week coming to an end...

The time at the Language Institute continues to be awesome and very productive.  I am getting to know the kids and they are now asking for me by name!  That warms this heart!  Rita, the administrator, has been incredibly gracious with her time.  We probably have spent close to 7 hours talking!  I have posed many questions to her and she is so open and so supportive of what we are looking into doing in Manacapuru.  The teachers, what can I say, they are great.  They have welcomed me to the school and into their classrooms with open arms.  They want to help in anyway possible and they too are very supportive.  I am going to try to get pictures of the teachers next week so you can see their faces.  I do not feel comfortable taking pictures of the kids, so sorry about that.  I have learned a tremendous amount by listening to the teachers, observing, looking at curriculum.  My brain is about to explode.  So far I have been in 33 classes!
Teacher workshop


Today, I had the chance to attend a workshop with some of the teachers.  A woman from Maine came and talked to the team.  I don't have the space to contain all I received from her.  WOW!  It was powerful and I was pumped in every way!  It was so practical and this woman encouraged me in every area.

This weekend I have the opportunity to go with one of my roommates, Nayara, to her church in a town about 2-3 hrs from BH.  She asked me come and to share with the church about the ARS
Roommates
Projects.  I am honored and excited about this chance to share with this church.  I am also blessed by getting to spend time with this precious sister in the Lord.  She has a beautiful spirit, soul and voice. We have had so much fun with all the girls in the apartment as we expand our knowledge of English and Portuguese!  I don't think I have laughed so much in years.  We are already planning English lessons via Skype! Not sure  how that is going to work while I am in Denmark but we will see.These ladies are precious and love the Lord with  hearts!
our apartment


Our apartment is fairly near the school.  We are on the 16th floor with a beautiful view of the city!The hills are a challenge on the knees.  I have described the hills like this:  its like San Francisco hills on steroids! :-)

Ludmilla
I got to go with Ludmilla last Friday where she was asked to do a story telling drama for a ladies meeting.  She was incredible and made the Bible story alive.


This week I also attended a service at the Baptist College during one of the weekday evening services.  It was great.  I was excited to see a ministry share that a couple of years ago we toured their facility.  This ministry reaches out to addicts.  They sang with all their hearts and it was a blessing!
Service





Next week, is my final week in BH and I can't believe it.  I will be squeezing out every opportunity to share with the teachers and glean from their experience.  My flight home is next Friday evening, arriving in Little Rock Saturday afternoon.  I plan on spending the night in Conway with the Duggins before making the trip home to Stillwater on Sunday.

Please pray that I will not miss one thing the Lord wants to teach me and use me in these final days. I must say that my heart is full and my head is spinning with all the possibilities.  I am determined to walk in His Peace and to listen to His voice and directions.  Pray for His wisdom for Pr Jose, Leoni and me as we seek Him.

Thank you so much for your prayers and continued financial support.  You are right here with me and I am so grateful for each one of you.  I will try to write again before I leave.  Bless you from Brazil!

until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment